Sep 18, 2014

Three days in Ireland

Idyllic scene from the road
I am getting further behind in my posts, so I need to speed up the process. Let me see if I can summarize a bit. We flew into Cork, Ireland, found our hotel on the bank of the River Lee, and started the evening with a pint of Murphy's Stout. We had a lovely meal with a gang of ethnomusicologists. (Tim and Ruth were there for a conference with these wonderful folks that study music and culture.)

Saturday morning David and I roamed around the town. It is a wonderful place to walk, as the city centre is between two branches of the river. We visited a church, as well as a re-purposed church which is now an art museum. Then we had lunch at a famous vegetarian restaurant, Cafe Paradiso.
It is famous because the chef has written several cookbooks. And it was truly amazing, especially since we have been eating a meat-based diet.
David in front of St. Alban's Irish Anglican Church

No comments:

Post a Comment